SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3
Join the procession of BLUE and ORANGE by watching the Boise State Homecoming Parade!
- Start Time: TBD
- Staging Area: Morrison Center parking lot – enter the parking lot using Earle Street from University Drive. Parade participants check in at the North West corner of the Brady Garage.
- Start/End: University Drive and Brady Street (Start). University Drive and Denver Street (End).
- Parade guidelines:
- All floats should promote a culture of Boise State spirit and pride
- All political entries must be sponsored by a student organization
- Student organizations are eligible for a golf cart provided by ASBSU
- Handing out candy and spirit items is encouraged, however paper fliers are not allowed.
Schedule of Events – 2017
The official kick-off time has not been announced yet. We will update the schedule to specific times as soon as possible. Last year’s schedule is listed below for reference.
- Staging Time: 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. in the Morrison Center Parking Lot
- Parade Time: 2-3 p.m.
- Registration is free for all participants
- A Boise State student organization must sponsor all political entries. Student Organizations sponsoring a political entry must fill out the registration form and the submission must come from student leaders of the group. No political entry will be accepted otherwise. For a list of active student organizations visit getinvolved.boisestate.edu.
The Homecoming Committee invites nominations for Grand Marshals of the annual Homecoming Parade. The Grand Marshal serves as leading dignitary at the front of the Homecoming Parade. The role is bestowed upon an alumni, staff, faculty, or community member who has shown an exceptional commitment to Boise State University and the greater community. Nominations are being accepted until Friday, September 29.
|1994||Keith and Catherine Stein, Honorary Grand Marshal: Jackie Cassell|
|1996||Mane Line Dancers|
|1997||Lyle Smith and his 1947 football team|
|2002||Charles and Sally Ruch|
|2003||Vincent Mull Wa Kituku|
|2004||1994 Bronco Football Team|
|2005||Duane and Lori Stueckle|
|2006||Allen and Dixie Dykman|
|2008||Travis Jensen and Minna Jensen|
|2009||Tom Beitia, Susie Schumacher, and recipients of that year?s Alumni Service awards|
|2010||Pam Hult, Carl Asbury '76|
|2011||VIP float of Provost, VPs, and Deans,|
|2013||Coach Leon Rice|
|2014||Mayor David Bieter|
|2016||2007 Fiesta Bowl players|
Steve Swanson, 2015 Grand Marshal
Volunteers are needed to help block streets, set up cones and signs, and to organize parade floats and bands. This annual event cannot occur without the help of Boise State and the Boise community, so please fill out the volunteer registration below if you are interested in being a part of this Bronco tradition!
Questions? Contact Melinda Jean Stafford in the Student Involvement & Leadership Center 208.426.2877 or email@example.com.